The IH MVP board will be holding a one day only contest this Friday, May 18, 2012. We all know what is coming that day, but for those that don't it regards the much anticipated Facebook IPO. In honor of the Facebook trading fever that will arise we want to hold a special contest for Facebook sympathy plays whether they are in big boards, OTC, Pink, etc. The contest rules will be a bit different so please read if you would like to participate:
1. Pick must be a company affiliated in some way to Facebook through rumor, business, partnership, contract, etc..
2. Pick must be made by Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 11:59AM ET.
3. Many of the plays may not be widely known so please discuss the reason for the pick and how they are related to Facebook.
4. One pick per member.
5. The pick is not judged using the normal weekly gains percentage. The pick will be judged against Facebook, as the benchmark, while competing against other picks. In order for the pick to be eligible, the high percentage gain of the day (compared from the open price) must be equal to or greater than the high percentage gain of the day for Facebook. The percentage gain greater than or equal to Facebook will be eligible for the contest MVP award.
6. The eligible stock pick with the overall highest percentage gain for Friday, compared to other eligible contest picks, will win the contest. There will be only one contest winner.
7. All moderators are eligible for the contest.
8. Facebook does not count as a pick, since it is being used as the benchmark to determine eligibility.
Let us know your picks. Good Luck. Let's make it a green Friday for everyone!