I think folks are making too much out of the financing package. They need the money to move things forward. No financing, no progress. It’s just one of those risks they have to take. It’s a calculated bet. They must think it’s worth it.
In re: the IND, the prep timeline (I think) is largely out of their hands. Its a waste of energy to demand that they submit the IND ‘today!’. They are awaiting the completion of the manufacturing piece. Back in May GNBT thought it would start in mid-May and run 6-8 weeks. But they were really at the mercy of the contractor’s schedule. And who knows what kind of timeline changes the contractor had that were beyond THEIR control.
The only thing I’d want to know from GNBT is if the manufacturing piece was aborted for some reason, causing them to begin again at square one. Absent that, if they are in the midst of a process they don’t control, I’m fine with that as long as it’s moving forward in a manner that will ultimately be acceptable to the FDA. It’s not as if there will be no more demand for an effective vaccine later this Fall. If they have a vaccine that is effective, easy to transport and deliver, and within the cost-reach of countries in South America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East, then things will all work out. And people on this board who hold on will be amply rewarded for their patience.
On the other hand, should they get into clinical trials and find that it’s a bust, well at least we have Excellagen to fall back on.
Generex Biotechnology Corp. (GNBT) Stock Research Links