My take is that by scheduling the CC 4 weeks in advance, Joe expected there to be hard news on the IPO (from D-J or SEC). The lack of mention in today's PR seems to me to reflect that he did not get any additional news, so it can't/won't be discussed other than he will likely say they are waiting on D-J or SEC and cannot discuss further because of the quiet period.
Since somebody on the board here claimed they talked to D-J and was originally told IPO by end of April, I suspect that is the info Joe was working off when the May 6 CC was scheduled. I think it was the same poster that later said they talked again with D-J and was told end of April might be too aggressive. I think Joe got the same info.
No idea why D-J originally claimed end of April, then pushed back the date. I'm sure Joe is no more happy about the change than we are, but I also don't think there's a chance in Hades that he will endanger the IPO by discussing it (or any details about it) on Thurs if it hasn't been announced by then. And as investors, we don't want to raise the ire of the SEC or any other banks/financing institutions because that will just delay the process even more.
Just my take based on timing, what has been posted and what we saw in the two PRs about the May 6 CC.
Generex Biotechnology Corp. (GNBT) Stock Research Links