Why is it we can’t get exposure like this?
We need to get results ASAP as mab competition is heating up.......
“The rheumatoid arthritis drugs tocilizumab appears to treat people who are critically ill with Covid-19, early trial data shows.”
Although trial results look mixed as stated near the bottom of the article.
“The results so far on tocilizumab have been mixed, with four randomised controlled trials having reported results, of which two were negative and two were positive... I eagerly look forward to seeing the full results."
Tocilizumab works by blocking the effects of IL-6.
Can be taken as injection or intravenous
The most common side effects are:
* a cough or sore throat, blocked or runny nose
* headaches or dizziness
* mouth ulcers
* high blood pressure
* hypercholesterolaemia (increased cholesterol in the blood)
* allergic reactions - this can include aching muscles, feeling out of breath, having a tight chest, wheezing, and a high temperature
* weight gain or swollen ankles
* skin rashes, infections or itching
* stomach irritation or abdominal pain.