February 4th, 2019 is the scheduled date for oral arguments in
case 18-1470 US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Here are some tidbits in plain sight from a longer list. There are no guarantees in investing.
2. Ropes and Gray in the USPTO Court (PTAB) won all challenges to StrikeForce's IP on October 16, 2017
. These support the patent holder.
5. A relevant case from The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit February 8, 2018
STEVEN E. BERKHEIMER vs. HP INC., case 2017-1437
"The Federal Circuit jolted the patent world with this February decision, and similar follow-on rulings, which collectively made it more challenging for accused infringers to knock out patents"
7. Then another relevant case, The United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS) ruled on April 24, 2018 in a 7 to 2 decision that the USPTO has the Constitutional Right to decide the validity of a patent.
(The USPTO had already validated StrikeForce's patents on October 17, 2017.)
11. Then another relevant case and 7-2 decision, The United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS) ruled on June 22, 2018
"The U.S. Supreme Court ruled Friday that a Schlumberger Ltd. unit can recover profits it lost outside the U.S. due to a rival’s infringement of its oil exploration patents, saying the Federal Circuit was wrong to hold that such damages cannot be awarded based on overseas conduct."
This decision supports the patent holder.
12. Again, a relevant case from November 16, 2018
Federal Circuit Court of Appeals reverses and remands yet another one of numerous unrelated cases that had said a patent was invalid under the Alice standard. This decision supports the patent holder. This is Precedential.
Same court as appeal
(Federal Circuit Court of Appeals)
Same infringer defense team
, Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear, LLP
, abstract idea and Alice 101
“we conclude that claim 1 of the ’941 patent is not directed to an abstract idea. Improving security here, against a computer’s unauthorized use of a program can be a non-abstract computer functionality improvement if done by a specific technique that departs from earlier approaches to solve a specific computer problem.“
13. Citation of Supplemental Authority submitted November 27, 2018
to the 18-1470 docket by the team representing Strikeforce. See also November 16, 2018 above
"Ancora confirms that these concrete improvements over prior art security systems, specifying a particular assignment of functionalities across the variously claimed components, are patent eligible. Ancora, slip op. at 10-11. Under Ancora, and this Court’s prior decisions, these claims are not abstract and are patent eligible under § 101. Accordingly, the district court’s ruling must be reversed."
Douglas H. Hallward-Driemeier