Attention: Mark Kay's answers
posted by: Marklkay
List of questions from The HangOut members for Mr. Kay's consideration:
1 a. Since you have stated in the past that it is your end goal to sell the company, do you have a rough time line for when you would hope to retire?
Within a few years, but the Company will probably continue beyond that time and after our successes.
1 b. Is there any interest from large firms to buy Strikeforce's intellectual property?
I can't discuss, but there is always interest.
2 a. What has been your toughest point/time during your entire time with StrikeForce and with everything that’s come to pass recently?
My toughest point is the past ten years or so, when we took investments from the Funds, then paid them all off during some very tough times, even when we weathered through a very tough market including the convertibles and also made some great friends. Also during a time when our products were ahead of the market.
2 b. What is your current valuation of Strikeforce?
Our current valuation is not publicly taken, so it is as good as I think, which of course is very high since it is based on the buyer not our market cap and won't say publicly.
3. What annual revenue would it take to start seeing dividends?
I can't say what revenues we need before we start dividends and I never did the calculation, but we aren't close yet for sure. Yes, at some point we would consider it.
4. You stated a couple months ago that this year's revenues could be the best ever, are we still on target?
We are definitely getting closer to the bigger deals getting done and believe they will and could be this year or early next year. The bigger the deals, the harder they are to complete, but we are working on them and do expect large revenues from them either by the end of this year or appear to be the latest early next year. Either way, they are still getting done.
5. Will we have to wait until the year end 10-K report to know the dollar amounts from each of the settlements or will they be included in 8-K reports that are filed for each settlement? How are you going to handle this?
We won't do 8k's per deal, as they aren't necessary except maybe for one or two that are very large. We will probably do a PR on the large deals once they are complete and probably one PR for a bunch of them, but can't say for sure in advance.
6. Aside from the deals that we hope will close with revenue by December 31st, are there any larger deals in the works?
I can't give specifics nor can any public company but other deals are in progress.
7. As a result of the channel partners fulfilling large contracts this year, has this created a snowball effect with more inquiries for StrikeForce's technology than ever?
The deals are growing and could be leading to more deals but again can't say anything for sure until it happens. Clearly, the more deals we complete other deals should follow.
8. You spoke recently of a new prototype that was in beta testing with one of your partners and was to be completed very soon. Where do we stand with this new technology?
I believe the prototype is a major feature of GuardedID and has been already advertised.
9. How many people can SFOR accommodate at the shareholders meeting? Will you serve refreshments? Will it be at your office or at a hotel?
The more the merrier and I doubt we will run out of room. It is in our offices in Edison, NJ at 4PM and if need be, can easily hold at least a 100+. Then we will go to the bar at the Sheraton close by for drinks and snacks paid for by StrikeForce.
10. We already know that you have stated several times that there is no longer a need for reverse splits but on the other side is there an intention to buy back shares if StrikeForce's resources permit?
There is an opportunity to buy back shares but we have to increase revenues greatly before that happens but definitely is always on our mind
11. Can SFOR pursue contacts with Federal agencies or is that the domain of resellers like ACS?
That is the domain of resellers and we do expect doing some business with the government.
12. In the Next 6 to 9 months, where do you see most of our revenue originating from? Lawsuits or sales/partnerships, etc?
In the next 6-9 months our revenues could be coming in from either source. In lawsuits, if a big one is settled, which is possible, that could be for a large amount. Then again, our sales revenues will be growing and we expect some large monies coming in on a regular basis. So I would say it could be either or even both, but the good news is earned revenues will definitely be hitting us in 6-9 months and hopefully sooner.
12 b. When do you expect to receive funds from ACS? Will you announce meaningful revenue when a contract starts?
When we receive meaningful revenue through ACS and others, we will do our best to PR those in one or more reports. We can't say in advance and some we may not be able to PR at all. Minimally, they will show up in the 10Q's each quarter after the event occurs.
13. When can we expect to see more law suits filed?
We definitely expect to do more lawsuits but can't and won't say when since we don't know for sure but definitely there is more.
14. When will SFOR be up-listed to QB?
A great question and now that SFOR is holding at about 1-2 cents, we are considering uplifting to QB where you have to stay over 1 cent. We understand that is helpful to those trying to buy and sell SFOR, which is a good thing. That by the way takes at least one month and $10k and once we are there we have to stay there for the first 3 months and continuously.
I greatly thank you for these thoughtful and mostly fair questions and please forgive me but as a public company I can't give more detail.