Some here are underestimating Brilacidin.
Assuming the phase 2b study shows efficacy and safety you can look forward to very quick studies for a number of indications including eye drops , ear drops, oral mucositis, possible dermatologic antibiotics.
The market for these indications has the potential to exceed a billion dollars worldwide.
Brilacidin studies have shown broad coverage against gram positive and many gram negative bacteria making it a potentially valuable antibiotic for preop and pre procedure prophylaxsis against surgical infections.
Brilacidin new and unique mechanism of action as well as its possible lack of bacterial resistence could prove valuable for inpatient infections. Approval for these will take longer, but IMO we will see the company seek approval for sepsis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, bronchitis and sinusitis.
http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-4..._2012_.pdf
IMO if Brilacidin advances through the 2b studies it will be very successful even if the 2b studies show it is inferior to Daptomycin for skin infections.
I wonder why we had a good pop Friday on no news...
Maybe Cellceutix submitted their presentation to RR for the conference and somebody was impressed......Just sayen....
Fabulous, thanks so much noretreat. I knew I would get a response faster than I cold find it! Will post later tonight.
3 patients per cohort. Final cohort is 6. After MTD is established there can be one more cohort of up to 12. I believe one cohort had 4 because someone had to drop out. All the relevant info is here:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT016640...amp;rank=1
Another advantage would also be the possible wide variety of diseases Brilacicin could affect!
If Brilacidin IS superior to Daptomycin in this ph2b trial would we really be waiting for a ph3 to be able to bring it to market?
Well stated! Will enjoy the fireworks at R&R! Only days away!
Sorry, Kevetrin
For which drug? CTIX has a lot going on!
Cohort breakdown. Could someone here provide the number of patients in each cohort. Is it 3 or 4? I seem to recall Govorchin had a summary a time back but may be mistaken. Doing some preliminary research on comparing earlier oncology drugs that also had combined safety/efficacy end points for Phase 1 studies.
I think you are right. Look at what the FDA just approved. Although Orbactiv is a single dose treatment, but it has a bunch of side effects and it belongs to the same class as vancomycin, which is inferior to daptomycin.
If the shorter regimens are not effective, CTIX can still use the phase 2a data for phase 3. The five days low dose arm actually outperformed daptomycin. Although the dosing regimen is longer than some of the competitors, but the resistance issue, or lack thereof, will always be their advantage.
Yes, and I said before, I've been waiting three years and that's without B ever being involved. It looks like I'll wait four years for K. I really have become patient in my older years. I love it.
GO CTIX
Haha, True! Can't wait.
MrW, I agree, but if B is superior to Dapto, many will have to reconsider the future because of their new found wealth. The first big reveal will be upon us all shortly. We'll see.
GO CTIX
Even if Brilacidin doesn't show to be as effective as Daptomycin in the ph2b, won't we still be able to proceed to a ph3 based off of ph2a results? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a better than 50% chance of bringing Brilacidin to market as things stand right now?
Rodman and renshaw NYC conference. Is anyone attending? I might have to go to witness B announcement.
I think that the B trial will be a success. The 2nd biggest thing for me about the B trial is that it will finally shine a light on Leo's word choice in his PR's. If the B trial is only equal to Dapto I think many will reconsider their investment for the future. (This is just as NoRetreat has said before.)
Many of us were shouting "BUY NOW" as loud as possible (in the 1.40-1.59 range) a few months back. It is kinda cool how no one listens. No matter.
We shall see if this a real run-up that is starting, or if it is just another wave in the up and down cycle of a start-up, or if it is really nothing but a little blip in a long period of flat price. Right now, in my view, the most likely scenario is still that it is a "little blip", but the other scenarios have increased probability recently. Get over $1.90 and the second scenario becomes the most likely, the "just another wave". It will take a lot more, including some real news, before it will look like scenario number 1...the "real run-up". Should the "real run-up" occur, we will have a blow-out party here in the Loo.
Regardless, those who did buy around $1.50 already have a tidy profit, and an increasing percentage of those buyers will likely lock in profit soon. Can't sneeze at 20%. In my case, and as usual, I will not sell a share unless the stock gets seriously overheated. If that happens I will do my usual tactic so many of you are so fond of...pull out up to 50% and buy again after the pullback.
All the best to everyone, from the surreal epicenter of madness that is St. Louis.
Wow! Look who was right on!
[CTIX Latest DD- thanks to BK.thanks MT for keeping this updated! very exciting results on B soon to published at R&R. $6 EOY price target!