Artesian Resources Corporation operates as the holding company of eight wholly owned subsidiaries. Artesian Water Company, the principal subsidiary, is the oldest and largest investor-owned public water utility on the Delmarva Peninsula and has been providing water service in the state of Delaware since 1905. Although our Delaware water business remains our largest business line, accounting for 90% of our revenues, we have expanded our capabilities and our service area. We provide wastewater service in Delaware and provide water and wastewater service in Cecil County, Maryland and Pennsylvania. Artesian is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market and trades under the symbol ARTNA. In June 2009, Artesian joined the broad-market Russell 3000 Index and the small-market Russell 2000 Index as a result of the annual reconstitution of Russell’s U.S. indexes.
Artesian Resources began to serve customers in small communities in northern Delaware more than 100 years ago. Our mission then was the same as it is now: to provide the best quality water and the best customer service. Today, although we have expanded our capabilities and our service area, our water business remains our single largest business line, accounting for nearly 90% of our revenues. In fact, Artesian is the eighth largest investor-owned water utility in the United States.
We provide consistently high-quality, reliable water —the best-tasting in Delaware— and we do so economically. Our customers pay less than a penny for each gallon of water they receive from Artesian Water. We know this business very well, as our consistently excellent performance demonstrates.
As a total water resource management company, we are focusing on a wide spectrum of activities, which include identifying new and dependable sources of water supply; developing wells, treatment plants and delivery systems to get water to customers; educating customers on the wise use of water; and providing responsible wastewater management to assist with recharge of the aquifers.
Artesian Resources operates as the holding company of eight wholly owned subsidiaries offering water, wastewater and engineering services.
- Artesian Water Company, the principal subsidiary, is the oldest and largest investor-owned public water utility on the Delmarva Peninsula, and has been providing water service since 1905.
- Other subsidiaries include Artesian Water Maryland, Inc.; Artesian Wastewater Maryland, Inc.; Artesian Water Pennsylvania, Inc.; Artesian Wastewater Management, Inc.; Artesian Utility Development, Inc.; Artesian Consulting Engineers, Inc.; and Artesian Development Company.
- Artesian services more than 80,600 metered customers.
- Artesian Water supplies over 7.5 billion gallons of water per year through more than 1,100 miles of water mains.
- Through public-private partnerships, Artesian is providing a variety of water- and wastewater-related services to several municipalities.
- With the acquisition in 2011 of Cecil County’s water systems, Artesian is now positioned to accommodate the additional growth that is anticipated in this rapidly expanding area.